While it was predicted that the cleaning industry would see growth over the past few years, it may take your company longer than expected to get back on your feet due to the economy. There are many factors that affect the way your business is performing. Anything from your marketing strategy to the location of your business can factor into your success. Below are a few key items for each cleaning industry to focus on:
- Help break through service barriers by asking for referrals from current clients.
- Drive business by offering incentives for repeat customers and referrals. According to JackiHuba.com, 54% of people make purchasing decisions based on word of mouth.
- Being that workforce demographics vary greatly, staying up-to-date on regulations can be essential to retaining workers.
- Focus on tight time windows for each job. When your employees arrive on-time and complete the job in a timely manner, you can improve customer satisfaction AND schedule more appointments in a given day.
- Encourage customers to continuously use your services by offering an incentive for repeat business.
- Show customers you value their opinion by sending a post service follow-up.
- Obtaining referrals is one of the best ways to increase business. Offering a referral incentive to current customers shows you appreciate their help in growing your efforts.
- Encourage repeat business by scheduling cleanings in advance.
- One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to maid service. Offer a variety of services that fit your clients’ lifestyle.
Another area to focus on is moving towards green cleaning products. Being that environmentalism is becoming more popular, additional regulations may be enforced. While the transition to turning green may seem expensive at first, it will most likely pay off in the long-run.
For more information on cleaning industry improvements, click here.